384 Well Microplates
Drug Screening has undergone rapid development over the past few years. The number of tests with new targets and the number of active agents to be tested is constantly increasing. Volume reduction, simple testing and cost savings are some of the highest priorities and high format microplates with a low well volume are one of the most important tools in achieving this. One of the first higher format microplates was the 384 well plate, launched by Greiner Bio-One in 1994/1995. Compared with 96 well standard microplate, combined with a volume reduction from 382 µl to 131 µl. The well-to-well spacing is 4.5 mm (96 well plate: 9 mm). The external dimensions of the 384 well microplates are compatible with standard equipment and automated systems.
The 384 well microplates are available as black and white clear bottom plates (µClear®), in FLUOTRAC™, LUMITRAC™, MICROLON®, CELLSTAR®, UV-Star® or non-binding quality.
Greiner Bio-One microplates:
- Are manufactured under DIN ISO 9001 guidelines
- Can be traced all the way back to production through a defined LOT number system
- Footprint compatible with automated systems
- Are free of detectable endotoxins (0.03 EU/ml) and regularly tested using an FDA-approved kinetic turbidimetric LAL-test (Limulus Amoebocyte Assay)
- Are analysed for detectable DNase, RNase and human DNA
- Are manufactured without the use of siliconbased mould release
- Are free of biozides and antistatics
- Are manufactured out of raw materials tested for leachables
- Barcode-labelling on request